New 'Work-Life Balance' benefit
offered to Bar members and families
The Trustees of the State Bar of Montana Group Benefits Trust, working with the state office, were successful in securing a brand-new member benefit for all State Bar members, and for their family members as well. The benefit is called "Work-Life Balance."
Work-Life Balance, offered through UnumProvident, makes the following services and benefits available to you and members of your family:
- Telephone consultations – Speak with an expert, masters-level counselors to help clarify any troubling issue, sort through your options and contact an effective and affordable resource.
- Face-to-face consultations – If needed, up to three in-person sessions for you to talk with a counselor.
- Personalized searches and referrals – Consultants will work with you to develop a list of referrals for various types of services in your community, or for your children living in a different community.
- Online Resources – Web access to over 200 issue specific resource rooms, consultants and interactive tools; plus the ability to order free booklets and tapes and view and print over 500 articles.
- Online Financial Calculators – Access 35 financial calculators to help you determine and evaluate such financial choices as what you can afford for a home, how long it will take to pay off credit card debt, how to plan for retirement and more.
- Education materials – Free booklets, audiotapes and tip sheets on a wide range of topics.
- Tips-on-Tape – A comprehensive audio library offering you over 500 practical tips on a broad range of life issues and challenges.
- Bereavement Counseling – Provides, if you have suffered a very personal loss, telephone counselors who can discuss the situation and refer you to a local resource for face-to-face counseling with a qualified therapist.
THE WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAM, as you can see, will provide you with information on a very broad range of topics, issues and life challenges, including financial issues, older adult and parenting resources, personal and work-related problems, and virtually all of the little things that demand your attention each and every day.
Life is stressful. The Work-Life Balance Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) is intended to provide you with an easily accessible, safe place to visit and get professional assistance and advice on literally any problem you're facing – regardless of how big or how small the problem might be.
The toll-free, 24 hour access number is: 1-800-854-1446.
If you would like to visit the website, it is at: www.lifebalance.net. User ID and password: lifebalance.
When using the toll-free number, just tell them you (spouse or child) are a member of the State Bar of Montana.
If you would like a brochure, please call Mountain West Benefit Solutions – 1-877-343-1060 – or e-mail them at email@example.com