State Bar of Montana

State Bar of Montana's

Natural Resource, Energy & Environmental Law Section

The purpose of the Section is to provide educational opportunities for its members and the community about recent developments in Natural Resource, Energy and Environmental Law and to help provide funding for the Albert Stone Scholarship, awarded to deserving students at the University of Montana School of Law. Section membership helps support a CLE that brings in leading voices in the areas of natural resources, energy and environmental law. The Section also provides needed financial support to a deserving student with similar interests in the law.

The Section's Annual Meeting is held following the CLE each year, or at the State Bar Annual Meeting. The Section also puts on an annual (or binannual) CLE.

How to Join

Any member of the State Bar of Montana may join. Section dues are $10 per year. Become a member HERE.

Items of Interest

Suggested Links


Curent Officers

R. Allan Payne
(406) 443-2211

Executive Committee Members
David Scrimm
State Bar Trustee Representative
(406) 444-4342

Mary Capdeville
(406) 444-0225

Jory Ruggiero
Western District Council Member
(406) 586-8700

Colby Branch
Eastern District Council Member
(406) 252-3441

Tim Fox
At-Large Council Member
(406) 442-8560

Board of Trustees Liaison

New Lawyer Liaison
Samantha Travis
(406) 841-5061




Quick Links

Contact Us Member Search Site Map Montana Justice Foundation Montana
Montana Law Review Montana Montana Supreme Court Office of Disciplinary Counsel UM Law School

Copyright © 2000-2014 State Bar of Montana All rights reserved.
Legal Disclaimer: While we do our best to ensure that the information on this site is accurate, the information on this web site does not constitute the provision of legal advice. Additionally, this site contains links to various government information pages and reference pages useful for legal research. We do not maintain control over the content of the linked pages, and cannot be responsible for the accuracy of any information in the linked pages. For answers to specific questions, you should consult an attorney familiar with your particular situation.