Silent auction raises over $2,500 for Montana Justice Foundation
The annual Art for Justice silent auction raised a total of $2,695 for the Montana Justice Foundation at the 2022 Annual Meeting.
Several of the items in the auction were original pieces of art donated by the Montana attorneys who created them.
MJF would like to thank the following people who donated art and other items for the auction:
- Cindy Thiel — Alaskan Whale bone sculpture of an Otter, 9 inches tall
- Steve Fletcher — Photo on gallery wrap canvas “Mission Mountain Monarch”
- John Patterson — “Mount Sentinel” photograph
- The Honorable Leslie Halligan and Mike Halligan — four-night stay at a condo in Whitefish
- The Honorable Robert L. Deschamps — four-night stay at condo in Flathead
- Justice Pat Cotter “Doors of Dublin” print
- Six framed original paintings by various artists, donated by Robert and Bonnie Minto
- Original “Ladies of Justice” wall hangings by artist Lauren Salerno and framed print “Rainbow Cowboy” both donated by Alissa Chambers, executive director of Montana Justice Foundation.
- Three landscape watercolors donated by Missoula artist Martin Kidston.
MJF gives a special thank you to lawyer and artist Matt Thiel, who had the original idea for this annual event and who facilitated donations on short notice on top of getting married the same week.
MJF is also grateful to the team from the State Bar of Montana — including Executive Director John Mudd, Jill Diveley and Jeannie Etchart — for helping to facilitate the event.