Reminder: Paperless billing will begin this dues cycle
The State Bar of Montana is pleased to announce that we will be moving to a new paperless billing system beginning with the upcoming 2023 dues season. Notifications for IOLTA compliance and Pro Bono reporting also will be delivered electronically. Dues, IOLTA and Pro Bono compliance will open in early January 2023, and run through April 1, 2023. We look forward to the transition, and we hope you enjoy the convenience and flexibility that paperless billing and online payment provide.
Because you will no longer receive a dues statement by mail, it is critical that you have a valid and current email address registered with the State Bar and are able to log in to your Member Dashboard. Please log in to your Member Dashboard at www.montanabar.org to make sure that all your contact information is up to date. If you have questions or need help logging in, please email email@example.com.
Please also note that due to the CLE filing fee increase that went into effect in 2022, the total fees and assessments for Active Members will now be $515. Also, a surcharge will be added to your total if you pay by credit card, but you can avoid the surcharge by making an ACH payment.
Members will see many benefits from paperless billing and compliance notifications, including:
- Ease and convenience. Paying online saves time and fits into busy lifestyles. You can pay from wherever you are, at any time. And no need to worry about the hassle of stamps!
- Eco-friendliness. Paperless billing reduces our environmental impact, using less paper and consuming fewer resources transporting the mail.
- Reliability: You will never have to worry about losing track of your invoice – it will always be in your Member Dashboard when you need it.
- Fiscal responsibility. Cutting down on our printing and mail costs mean your bar dues will go further.
- Secure: Online payments with the State Bar of Montana are PCI 3.2 Compliant and PA-DSS 3.2 certified, meeting the most up-to-date industry standards.
You will receive email notifications in early January 2023, upon the opening of dues and compliance seasons, and email reminders as the deadlines approach. You will find your dues invoice after signing into your Member Dashboard, where you will also find links for IOLTA Compliance and Pro Bono Reporting.
The State Bar of Montana is committed to using technology wherever possible to help build a smarter and leaner organization. Thank you for your cooperation in helping us make a smooth and successful transition to paperless billing.